Thursday, February 16, 2012

Upcycled Corduroy Pants Overnight Bag.

I have not been updating my blog lately, reasons being i was too lazy to do it lol but since i got hooked on pinterest, i have been more inspired to do more sewing and creating. 

My latest creation is an overnight bag made with leftover fabric and corduroy jeans.



First, i cut both legs off of the jeans, cut them into rectangles, measured them and cut the leftover fabric the same size. 

i also cut out the back pockets of the jeans and sewed them onto the fabric in the front. sewed two loops on both sides for a strap.

Then sew the sides and bottom of both the fabric and the lining (the black jeans), using the boxed corner technique, made the boxed corners 8 inches wide. then sewed the zipper onto the fabric and lining. last, i sewed the waist band of the jeans onto the bag as handles.  

this whole project only took me about a few hours counting cutting out fabric.  


see the corduroy pants? lol


there u have it, a cheap overnight bag! the dimensions: W 34inches, H 18 inches, D 8 inches. 

you can also make it sturdy by including interfacing. make it fluffy by adding a layer of batting. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives