Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Upcycled Denim In Car Trash Bag

How was your mother's day?  

Mine was ok, just a bunch of housework, yardwork, organizing, and gardening, while the Mister took naps.  HAHA

I did, however, hang out with a friend's mom last weekend.  She has been a mom away from mom for me, since my own mother is more than 8000 miles away.

I have already made her a Duffle Bag, Shoe Bags, Travel First Aid Case, Receipts Pocket for Notebook/Binder, Valentine's Day gifts, Denim Tote, Kitchen Accessories, so WHAT ELSE TO MAKE for her?  She works two jobs and they are both far away from home, so she basically lives in her car.  So I knew I had to make her something for her car.  A Trash Bag!




This is so easy to make, you have to read how to make one.



I first dug out some waterproof fabric, which was a pair of old military pants that my friend gave me.  I used the top part of a  Upcycled Military Uniform Reversible Tote Bag I made for my mom for Mother's Day.


I am using one leg from the knees


Cut it in half, I am using the bottom half with the draw string.


Find some denim


Sew the bottom of the camo pant leg, right sides together


Box corner it


Do the same to the denim piece.  Stitch the sides and bottom, then box corner


Put waterproof bag inside the denim bag, wrong sides together, add straps (or ribbon), pin them all together


Top Stitch them together


Inside Shot


Outside, with draw string closure


Iron on some cute design on the outside, then VIOLA!






29 comments :

  1. Another great way to reuse denim jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to reuse fabric! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little bag Mandy - I'm sure your friend will love it and get good use out of it too!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always good at upcycling your denim! Great job.
    Thanks for sharing at Funday Monday!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bag!good upcyclet project!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really neat! Thanks for linking up at Pin It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so smart! Thanks for linking up at Pin It Tuesday!

    Katie @ http://herpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day I was thinking that I needed a stylish trash bag for my car instead of a plastic shopping bag. Thanks for coming by and partying with us. Have a funtastic week!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial and a lovely useful bag. I'd love if you came and shared on my first ever link party http://organized31.blogspot.com/2013/05/inspire-us-thursday-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great project, Mandy ! Love it and I think it will look very chic in a car ;-) Shared this on Google+ today ! Thank you for linking this at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the upcycled tutorials! Great job and thanks for sharing. I saw you on the Shabby Creek Cottage.
    Gina
    http://ginascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just made sewing through denim look easy and fantastic. Talented sewers do that, I know. :)

    I'm visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey that's a really great idea!!
    Nice blog <3 i love sewing, so even the blog's theme it's perfect to me! (:
    xx Zoe
    http://lptearoom.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great! The possibilities are endless:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from Be Different Act Normal party- what a great idea! Trash cans are always so boring, but what a great way to make it something fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've thought of everything! I'm sure it will come in handy with as much time as she spends in the car! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share! Hope to see you again soon! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop 55. We can't wait to see what you have for us this week. This weeks party is live.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandy, you do a marvelous job, this looks great. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mandy, Thanks for sharing & linking up again this week. Did you pick up your featured button from being featured the other week? or if you need me to send you one let me know. I could use one of these in my car. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally please Elia And Ponto

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives